Tuesday, February 07, 2006

SELF CONTROL

I sit here with my eyes watering, my nose running, my head throbbing, and my joints aching from the effects of the common cold so this will be short. Any Christian is aware that one of the characteristics of the fruit of the Spirit is self-control. There are many many Christians who struggle with self-control. They have the idea that this is something the Spirit does with no effort from themselves. It's important to understand that this is something the Spirit does as He works in cooperation with us. With that in mind, I stumble on a web sit called Coping.org by Jim and Connie Messina, PhD's. If you go there, click on the menu Tools for Handling Control Issues.
I do not know if the Messina's are Christians or not, but the materials there are quite good.

Grace & Peace;
Tom

No comments: