Wednesday, February 01, 2006

GRACE EVENTS

One of the things I assume when a client, any client, comes with a problem is that God is at work in his/her life. God has created us. Jesus has died for us all. God loves us. He has not abandoned us, even though it might seem like it at times. The problem itself may be a grace event that prods a person to change and to grow. We think of grace as having to do with atonement, pardon and forgiveness of sin. It does! But grace is also the environment in which we live. It is how God teaches us to change, grow and mature. Thus, our problems could well be grace events, "But he said to me, 'my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness'. . . That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" (II Corinthians 12:9-10).

I believe it is more likely that one can successfully come up with a solution if one thinks a little differently about the problem. Perhaps it is God's way of stimulating one to reach out for Him. Perhaps it is His prodding and pruning to stimulate growth and fruit production.

Grace & Peace;
Tom

No comments: