Wednesday, February 15, 2012

THOUGHTS BEFORE I WENT UNDER: THE PASSIVITY OF SALVATION

And we all with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being changed into his likeness from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18).

You know that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your fathers, not with perishable things such as silver and gold, but with the precious blood of Christ . . . (I Peter 1:18,19a).

When I was on the operating table waiting to be sedated, yesterday, I was thinking about the journey of physical healing I was beginning.  In purely human terms, the healing is coming from the doctor, nurses and hospital staff.  They provide the facility, expertise, medication and care needed for me to get well.  In my case, the doctor was doing a procedure on me that will make me well.  What would I be doing?  Nothing, (I had already signed the consent forms) except letting the doctor and staff work on me.  Then I thought, "Isn't that how salvation is, allowing the Divine healer to do his work in my life?" What is necessary for me to do is to sign the consent forms for treatment (Christian baptism) and to let go of the futile ways of the past.

I will have more to write about this in a following post.  For now, remember that Dr. God wants to heal your life if you will allow Him.

Our Father's Blessings,
Tom

No comments: