Sunday, August 29, 2010

DANGERS INHERENT IN WALKING THE HIGH STEEL

He who digs a pit may fall into it . . . He who quarries stones may be hurt by them, and he who splits logs may be endangered by them.  If the axe is dull and he does not sharpen its edge, then he must exert more strength.  Wisdom has the advantage of giving success (Ecclesiastes 10:8-10).

This post is more of a personal note than anything, but, in case that posting suddenly stops, you, my gentle readers, will know why--I have fallen.  I have 400 feet of hog barn to put a new roof on.  I have worked about 5 days and have completed about 75 feet.  What takes most of the time is tearing off the old roof so that the new steel roof can be installed.  I will have to say that this hard and demanding physical work is good for this 62 year old body.  I have a lot of aches and pains but I feel like I am getting a little stronger and am able to work with much greater agility 10 feet off the ground.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and my skills will increase so that I can complete this task before winter.  There is nothing worse than trying to drive screws with numb fingers.

There are blessings that come with hard work and there are dangers; it is good for us to rise to the challenge!

Our Father's Blessings,
Tom

No comments: