Tuesday, November 11, 2014

AN OVER-LOOKED REASON TO BE THANKFUL

Or what woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?
When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, "Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost!"  (Luke 15:8-9).

I am writing this so that we can rejoice together.  Sometimes I write a "bullet" just to record a significant event in my life, that is what this is about.

This past week end, Helen & I drove three and a half hours to pick up three of our grand children, Faith, Deacon and Parker, to spend the weekend with us.  It was a very busy weekend as we also had the Harvest Festival to help with at church.  We had a super, great time.  When it was time to take the kids home I was in a hurry and left my billfold on the self-service gas pump in Sutherland.  We were two hours on the road before I realized my forgetfulness.

These days it is dangerous to leave too much of one's identity out there for just anyone to pick up.  I wasn't worried about the cash--I never carry very much, but it is the credit cards and driver's license that were troubling.  Still, I wasn't too worried.  Sutherland is mostly a community of honest people.  The man who returned the billfold to me was one of those honest people.  He told me that when he saw the billfold laying there he wondered, "Is this a test? Where is the camera?"  We had a good laugh about that!  It is such a blessing to live in a community where people are people of integrity and can be trusted.

If you live in such a community, thank God!  I certainly was saved a lot of grief by one man's honesty and, to make a long explanation short, came by that honesty because of Jesus Christ.

Our Father's Love,
Tom

*Thanks, Mike K.

No comments: