Saturday, November 15, 2014

BELIEVE AND YOU WILL SEE

Jesus said, "Remove the stone."  Martha, the sister of the deceased, said to Him, "Lord, by this time there will be a stench, for he has been dead four days."

Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?" (John 11:39-40 NASV).

In my daily Bible reading I am currently reading through John's gospel.  Today I was reading through the 11th chapter about the death and resurrection of Lazarus.  I emphasized a portion of verse 40.  The thought came to mind after reading those words, "The conventional wisdom is, 'seeing is believing.'  Jesus says, ' Believe and you will see.'"

I am not sure how far to go with that but the gospels do record that Jesus could not do many miracles in His home town because of their lack of belief.  Perhaps it is true that our lack of blessings are due to our lack of faith.  Something to think about if we are to pray audaciously.

Our Father's Love,
Tom

No comments: