Friday, January 13, 2012

A LITTLE GOOD NEWS

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have ever lasting life (John 3:16 my memory version).

He who does not love remains in death.  Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer . . .(I John 3:14-15).

Any who have followed this blog know that I had a Carpenter's CD playing in my F-150 farm truck for about a week.  I gave it up.  Making a long story short, I happened upon an Ann Murray CD.  I have had that one playing in the truck for a while now, too.  I guess those old love songs make this old man a little sappy, especially when they are sung by the next silkiest, smoothest voice ever, Ann Murry.  On this CD is an interesting song called, A Little Good News.

Gospel literally means, good news.  The good news is that God has provided a means of salvation for ALL in Jesus Christ.  It is through this salvation that hearts are changed and lives are changed so that we can love our enemies and help the disadvantaged.  As hearts and lives are changed for Jesus, the world is changed.  Isn't that a little good news?

In closing, I'd like you to consider that there are approximately 1.9 billion people* on this earth who have not heard the gospel for the first time.  There are approximately 1.4 billion people who live on less than $1.25 a day.  There's a great need out there yet for a little good news.

Our Father's Blessings,
Tom

*Statistics are from the Foster Report in the Christian Counseling Connection, a periodical of the American Association of Christian Counselors.

No comments: