Sunday, May 10, 2009

I BELIEVE . . . *

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).

The first time I remember hearing the song, I Believe, was on the Lawrence Welk television program way back in the 1950's. The lyrics go something like this:

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, A flower grows . . .

I believe that somewhere in the darkest night, A candle glows . . .

Though those are only the first two lines, it is an inspirational song to me and it still reminds me that when things appear to be hopeless, God is still there. Out of the floods and out of the darkness He will bring beauty and light!

Allied soldiers found in an abandoned house, shortly following World War II, similar words scrawled on a wall; probably written by a holocaust victim:

I believe in the sun, even when it does not shine. I believe in love, even when it is not shown. I believe in God, even when He is silent.

When it seems as if God is silent, He is still working--working for the good of those who love Him. When it seems that evil is unstoppable, do not give up the faith for with out faith in God all hope is lost!!!

And without faith it is impossible to please him. For whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him (Hebrews 11:6).

Grace&Peace,
Tom

*Revised from an earlier post.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the post.