Friday, September 26, 2008

WHATS WITH AMERICAN JEWS?


My two favorite female politicians: Tzipi Livni, soon to be Israeli PM, and Sarah Palin, soon to be United States VP.

"How shall we sing the Lord's song in a foreign land? If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither! Let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy!" (Psalm 137:4-6).


The perky Katie Couric, CBS News anchorette, asked Sarah Palin again about not second-guessing Israel if Israel chooses to attack Iran. Sarah answered, but she could have done better. This would have been my answer:


"Israel is a country 50 miles wide and 300 miles long. Sixty percent of it is desert. Out of this they also want to carve out a home land for the Palestinian people. There are enemies on every side. The leader of Iran sees this time as the Apocalypse. Mutual Assured Destruction means nothing to him. Death in Holy War means going to heaven. Israel is too small to make a mistake because a mistake would mean its destruction! That is why we cannot second guess their efforts to secure their nation! "

It is interesting that the American Jewish Committee polled the Jews of America and found that only 3% of them were concerned about Israel--they were more concerned about the economy and health care (Jerusalem Post).

Grace&Peace,

Tom

No comments: