Wednesday, August 20, 2008

CITY OF DAVID


"It happened, late one afternoon, when David rose from his couch and was walking about on the roof of the king's house, that he saw from the roof a woman bathing; the woman was very beautiful . . ." (2 Samuel 11:2).
I took this picture while standing on what would have been the roof of David's residence at the time of this incident in the text, looking toward the likely location of Bathsheba's place of bathing. My opinion is that Bathsheba knew what she was doing; I do not view her as the innocent victim in this. Both David and Bathsheba sinned, but David was the king; he had to take responsibility for his failure.
My purpose for this post is to share a link to a website that my friend from Israel sent to me. It is simply fantastic! It is the closest thing to being in the City of David, in Jerusalem, with out actually being there. Here it is, http://www.cityofdavid.org.il/ It is the best presentation of old Jerusalem on a website that I have seen. If you are interested in archeology and history you will certainly enjoy this site!
Grace&Peace,
Tom

No comments: