Monday, August 21, 2006

PRAYER AND RELATIONSHIP

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will com in to him and dine with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20).

The context of this verse concerns the church at Laodicia. Jesus is inviting Christians, who have allowed their relationship with him to stagnate, to allow him back into their lives. The lack of prayer, opening the door, in the life of the Christian is symptomatic of a lack of relationship with Christ. If you love him, you will talk to him!

Grace&Peace;
Tom

1 comment:

Tom said...

Good stuff! I am preaching a series on prayer and I came across this verse the ties in perfectly with the purpose of praying being about relationship.

6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you....for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.”~ Matthew 6:5&8

Why would Jesus say "go into your room and close the door"? Relationship.