Tuesday, February 26, 2013

ON THE SAME TEAM

Pray at all times in the Spirit with all prayer and supplication (Ephesians 6:18).

This morning at 7:00 I was on the operating table receiving the anesthesia for my hernia surgery.  A few minutes prior to that my surgeon was in my room explaining the procedure to me--the nurses had already explained it to me a couple of times, then he asked if it was okay for him to pray for me and how he would do the surgery.  I welcomed his prayer!  He is a Christian, but of a different denomination than me so I'm sure there are some doctrinal differences between him and me.  Still, it is quite clear that he is a believer in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and is committed to following him in his daily life.  We are on the same team.

I am sore and achy right now, which is normal, but all went well.  It is good to know that there is another man on the same team!

Our Father's blessings,
Tom

No comments: