Tuesday, February 12, 2013

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH LIFE?

How long, O Lord?  Wilt thou forget me for ever?  How long wilt thou hide thy face from me?  How long must I bear pain in my soul, and have sorrow in my soul in my heart all the day? (Psalms 13:1-2).

In an email that was forwarded to me by a friend, there was a simple statement that I thought was profound and worth quoting to you: "Life is not the way it is supposed to be.  It is the way it is.  The way you cope with it is what makes the difference." 

To me, the author of that quote is unknown, but the statement is so true!  The psalmist who started the 13th Psalm on such a sorrowful note ends it this way: But I have trusted in thy steadfast love; my heart will rejoice in thy salvation.  I will sing to the Lord because he has dealt bountifully with me (Psalms 13:5-6).

The way you cope with life makes the difference.  You can chose to look at life through the dark glasses of negativism or you can choose to see in every circumstance God working for your good.  I know that in some circumstances it is almost impossible, but, by faith,  it is true.

Our Father's Love,
Tom

No comments: