Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I RECEIVED A NICE COMPLIMENT, OR THE GOOD ABOUT GRAY HAIR

A hoary head (gray hair) is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life (Proverbs 16:31).

Every Monday, the Hy Vee super market in our area gives senior citizens a discount on what ever they buy, a senior citizen being anyone over 55.  As I was checking out this last Monday, the checker asked if I was a "senior."  I replied, "yes I am," I'm 64, "but thank you for asking."  The checker didn't intend to compliment me on my youthful good looks, she was just doing her job, but it certainly made me feel good, knowing that she felt like she needed to ask--it made my day.

I do not have gray hair yet.  As recently as the early 20th century the average life expectancy was only about 50 years.  That someone would live until their hair was gray was somewhat unusual.  The best way to live to the age a gray hair was to live a clean and righteous life.  Perhaps I will make it to "gray hair" and I hope you do too.

Our Father's Blessings,
Tom

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Me too! Love you dad!