Tuesday, September 13, 2011

WHY I AM A CHRISTIAN

And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile . . . But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep (I Corinthians 15:17&20).

The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is a historical truth.  Following the rules of evidence, the resurrection of Christ is established as a historical fact.  That is why I am a Christian.  I am not a Christian because it makes be feel better.  I am not a Christian because of the social relationships in the church.  I am not a Christian because of the do-gooding opportunities in the church.  I am a Christian because Jesus Christ has risen!

Christ's resurrection means that the Bible is God's word and thus its words are true.  Therefore, we ought to pay attention to the Bible.  The resurrection of Christ means that we have not seen the last of our loved ones who are in Christ--we will see them again!  The resurrection of Christ means that God has the last word!  No matter how good of a lawyer you might have, God has the last word!

I enjoy church, but that is not why I am a Christian.  I am a Christian because of the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth--love, hope, joy and peace follow the resurrection.

 Our Father's Blessings
Tom

No comments: