Thursday, July 07, 2011

DREAMS AND VISIONS

In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.  Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams (Acts 2:17).

This is a subject that I will revisit at a later time because present family priorities take precedence over research.  What has peeked my interest in the subject was hearing that many Muslims convert to Christ because of the influence of dreams and visions.  Indeed, I did a quick "google" search of the factors that influence Muslims to convert to Christ and found that dreams and visions were the 4th leading dynamic which influenced Muslims to convert.  Is this a fulfillment of Joel's prophecy as quoted by Peter in Acts 2:17?
Is every dream psychologically significant?  Is every dream spiritually significant?  These are questions I will attempt to answer when I visit this subject again in a couple of weeks.

I tend to dream a lot, though I remember very few of them.  I am of the opinion that one needs to be intentional about remembering dreams and keep a note pad by the bed so that the minute one naturally awakens he is able to write it down.  While I was serving as dorm dad a month ago at church camp, I had a very vivid dream of being involved in a fight with another man.  When I kicked him I fell out of bed and the very next sensation I had was of laying on the cold concrete floor and it sounded like everyone was laughing at me.  As my head cleared from the two-foot fall, I saw that everyone was still fast asleep.  Evidently the laughing was part of the dream.  My chest and shoulder are still sore as a result of that fall, though I am healing nicely. So far, I have not had a recurrence of this dream, but it was so vivid that it does seem as if it should be significant either spiritually or psychologically.  We will deal with this dream, and perhaps, some others in a couple of weeks.

Our Father's Blessings,
Tom

No comments: