Saturday, September 25, 2010

FOR WHOM TO VOTE?

. . . choose this day whom you will serve . . .but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15).

The Bible does not speak about what form of civil government is superior to another, but in God's dealing with human kind, He gives human beings the freedom to choose who they will follow.  The freedom to choose our civil leaders in one of those God-given, inalienable rights with which human beings have been endowed. 

For whom, then, should we vote?  For me, the litmus test is life; where does the candidate stand on protecting the most innocent and vulnerable life, the unborn?  I do not consider myself a single issue voter, but it seems to me that a candidate's stand on the "life" issue is a window into their soul; is the life in the womb nothing but an unviable tissue mass good only for infant stem cell research or is it a unique human being with its own DNA?  First, being pro life means that the candidate will likely be a person of faith, one who is sensitive to God's perspective.  Thus the judge up for retention will not legislate matters of faith from the bench; civil unions are for the state, marriage is for the institutions of faith. 

Second, if a candidate will stand for the unalienable rights of the unborn, he/she will most likely stand for my rights and freedom.  One who is pro abortion will likely think I am not worth the money when I am elderly. Notice that Medicaid is already being defunded. 

Third, the candidate who is pro life is more likely to understand the economics of freedom.  When people are most free to pursue their vision, working at what interests them, and doing the jobs that step up to their dreams, a great economic dynamo is produced, making more and more prosperity. Government does not produce jobs and money, but government sure can destroy them!  While understanding, because of human nature, that government cannot be completely lazze' fare, the pro life candidate understands the sanctity of the fruits of one's risk and labor, knowing that it is not the government's money!

I like my tea hot.  I like my tea iced.  But know this, no "Bart Stupac" will get my vote!  Stupac was not willing to stand against his party for life.  That kind of luke-warm stand for life will not get my vote.

Our Father's Blessings,
Tom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Steele, sometimes you do not state the obvious and it takes someone with a phd like mine, post hole digger,to git you straightned out. The pro-life politition is the one who is most likely to be the patriot because it takes guts to stand for what is not popular. Two,the pro-life candidate is the one most likely to understand that human rights are a gift from God, not from the government! Lefties do not believe that!

I hoped that helped--can you handle it now? BTW, I had hoped that Nebraska and Iowa would play for the national title, but as usual those wimpy hawks go and loose to a "sissy pacify" 10 school. So it will be us or Boise State in the title game.

Your loyal critic,
Husker Red