Thursday, November 05, 2009

SEVENTEEN SUCCESSFUL STRATEGIES FOR LIFE

The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid (Hebrews 13:6).

What follows is a list of strategies that I have tried to implement in my life.  I think they will bless anyone who makes use of them too:

1. Read the Bible, study it, and pray every day.
2. Exercise (physical training) every day except for Sunday.
3. Plan your day.  Do not allow fear to determine the course of your life.
4. Be happy!
5. Understand your weaknesses--do not allow them to define you.
6. In every problem ask the question, "What does God want me to learn from this?" then be ready to listen to His Word, His people and life experience.  God intends for us to be life-long learners!
7. Have an attitude of gratitude!!!
8. Memorize God's Word.
9. Be positive in actions, dress and speech!
10. Always do a little more than is required--"What more can I do for you, Mrs. Steele?"
11. Refuse to use the words "impossible" and "can't."
12. Learn to live with criticism.
13. Refuse to drive a BMW--bitch, moan and whine!  This includes "self-talk"!
14. Be willing to start over.
15. Smile a lot!
16. Remember, people are not the problem--satan and his minions are.
17. Show agape, loving others with the love of Christ.

My tendency is to look at life through "dark glasses" so these are the basic strategies I try to use to help correct my vision.  They will work for you too.

Grace&Peace,
Tom

No comments: