Wednesday, January 14, 2009

TO BE WITH 4

"'Behold, the Virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,' which translated means, 'God with us'" (Matthew 1:23).

"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you" (John 14:16-17).

"Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest . . . For since He himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted" (Hebrews 2:17-18).

The testimony of Scripture is clear. God wants to be with us, not just in a theoretical theology, but in a tangible reality! God became flesh, like you and me--He knows what it is like to be human! He is on your side! His Spirit walks along side you, making provision for your life. Not only that, He desires to live in you and strengthen you with might in your inner self IF you surrender to His will.

Grace&Peace,
Tom

I'm not sure if "To Be With" was a random thought or one that the Lord placed in my mind for me to write about. However, if anything I have written about "To Be With" has helped you, I am sure it was the latter!

No comments: