Monday, July 21, 2008

SEEN ANY FAMILIAR HANDS LATELY?

"Now Thomas, one of the twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, 'We have seen the Lord.' But he said to them,'Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails, and place my finger in the mark of the nails, and place my hand in his side, I will not believe'" (John 20:24-25).

As we were closing our family reunion and saying our "good-byes" my cousin shared with me a comment that her 30-something-year-old daughters made about me. She said, "hold out your hands." So I did. Then she said, "look at them," which I did with a puzzled look on my face. She said, "My daughters noticed the resemblance of your hands to my dad's hands. The way they are freckled is the same and your fingers are the same. Wow! My cousin's dad, my uncle, has been dead for about 10 years. It is so interesting to me that these adult women, even after 10 years, would recognize the similarity of my hands to their grampa's hands. I knew my uncle Harold well. The only way he would have used those hands would have been in a loving and helping way. To me it is an honor to have hands that look like my uncle's.

Noticing hands--is that a female thing? I think so. I think this little story says something about the importance of dad's and grampa's in the lives of their little girls.

Grace&Peace,
Tom

PS: I promise, I will write more about prophecy this week.

No comments: