Friday, June 06, 2008

EVERYTHING IS AS IT SHOULD BE

"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the LAKE that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death"(Revelation 21:8).

It's great! Celtics over the Lakers in game 1 of the NBA finals! Celtics/Lakers, a great traditional rivalry. Just when we were worried about global warming, high gas prices, Islamic jihad and high taxes, we are brought back to reality. God is still on the throne, the Celtics are still playing the Lakers for the championship and the warning of Revelation 21:8 is still true. Being that kind of "Laker" is rather painful, to say the least.

Go Celtics!!

Grace&Peace,
Tom

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Dad, aren't you clever.

Anonymous said...

Just when you thought the french screwed everything up along came a boy from French Lick, IN. What kind of name is that? I could understand French Fry, French Kiss but French Lick. I guess that sounds a lot like another boy I know who came from a small town ( Bethlehem ) nothin special to look at Isa. 53:2-3 But man did he carry our sorrows and lifted us up so that we could be more than conquerors. I guess you could say that is what sports team can do when our team is the good guy.
It encourages us on an inspires us to do battle.

The real (husker red) (me) took his son to see a movie the other day. Kung Fu panda and we left the theater he did something amazing. He started to karate chop, do round house kicks and imitate the characters.
It was so awesome to see as a dad. I remember being inspired to do the same things after watching superman. I flew around the room, jumped as high as I could and thought about saving people. Being the hero.
Jesus tells us we can, and inspires us to do so.
Thanks so much for inspiring someone I know (Tom). When it gets down to it I don't think the Lakers are the anti-christ and the celtics are the Father, Son , and Holy Ghost but I guess a boy can dream and be inspired to hate what is evil and cling to what is good.

P.S. This is the real husker red or maybe not.

Tom said...

Could there be more than one Husker Red? I bet the real HR has a really cool family--it sure sounds like it.