Monday, February 04, 2008

ONE THING I KNOW

1-17-08

"One thing I know, that though I was blind, now I see" (John 9:25). The blind man in John 9 was healed when Jesus made mud from some dirt and his spit and put it on the blind man's eyes. Then Jesus told him to go and wash in the pool of Siloam, the ruins of which you see in the picture. The scholars assured us the pool was only a metaphore that John used, then, lo and behold, it was actually discovered. One thing I know, the scholars and scientists are not always right! The steps are the north and east steps that gradually ease entrance into the pool.
We saw both the pool of Bethesda (John 5) and the pool of Siloam. These pools were important to these healing miracles of Jesus.
It is just a short entry today. I need to take my computer in for some work; it will be 2 or 3 days before I will be able to post again.
Grace&Peace,
Tom

No comments: