Friday, February 22, 2008

HANDSOME MAN


"Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buldings of the temple, but he answered them, 'You see all these, do you not? Truly I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another, that will not be thrown down. As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, 'Tell us, when will this be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?'" (Matthew 24:1-3).






I just wanted to do a short blurb with a picture to show you that I was actually in the Holy Land. My son, Paul, helped me this morning. We were able to get the pictures out of the camera and onto the computor. Of the pictures that have appeared in this blog, I didn't actually take any of them, but I found them else where on the net, but I have very similar pictures on my own camera. So I wanted you all to see that I was actually in the Holy Land with one of my very own pictures. The picture you see was taken from the top of the Mount of Olives looking across the Kidron Valley to the old temple site and the golden Dome of the Rock. What Jesus prophesied about the temple really did happen, which means the other prophecies of Scripture will come about too. Are you ready?






Grace&Peace,



Tom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy for you that you were able to go to the Holy Land, however, how do we know that you didn't impose your picture of the Dome of the Rock back ground. Now that you have cast doubt on the authenticity of the other pictures, why should we trust this one?

May God bless you any way,
--Husker Red

Tom said...

Okay, Husker,

In almost every case, I had the same picture on my camera that I posted on the blog. It is interesting that tourists have very similar views of things. I was not being very successful at transfering the pictures from the camera and I knew there were people patiently waiting to see them. Each of the pictures posted were things I saw and pictures I took.

Thanks for the blessing, Husker. I will be doing a pictorial presentation of the Holy Land trip on the 16th of March, 6 P.M. at the Sutherland Church of Christ, if you want to check out my story.
Tom