Monday, September 11, 2006

WHAT DO YOU NEED?

When God made us in His image, even though the fall into sin blurred that image, it was not obliterated; it can still be seen, and thus the need for connection with God is still in our hearts. We try to fill our need with other gods, other relationships and experiences, but the hole in our hearts will not be filled except by Him. I say that to introduce St. Augustine's confession, "Thou hast made us for thyself, and restless is our heart until it comes to rest in thee."

We have a need that ONLY God can fulfill.

Grace&Peace;
Tom

1 comment:

Kimberly Anne said...

In addition to our own God-shaped hole, I like to think of God as having a Joy-shaped hole in His heart for me. Only I can fill it, but He is still complete without me. He longs to be in fellowship with me, and when I choose to do something else, He's bummed out. . .