Wednesday, January 14, 2015

DOES IT MATTER?

But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving thanks (Ephesians 5:3-4).

These days, even among Christians, holiness doesn't seem to matter.  Even our pastors watch television sitcoms and go to movies in which all of the content that Paul describes occurs.  I've seen Christian pastors incorporate much of this behavior into their lives in the name of freedom in Christ.  But, Paul went on to warn those who practice these things: For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God (Ephesians 5:5).

Church discipline seems to be a thing of the past.  Christians live together without marriage.  They are greedy, always wanting more.  They do not deny themselves for the sake of the Kingdom.

I read these words from the Apostle this morning during my daily Bible reading.  These words are sobering!!  They reminded me of my own personal immaturity and the immaturity in my own congregation, of which I am one of the leaders.

Our Father's Love,
Tom


No comments: