Friday, June 14, 2013

3 WORDS @ 60 MILES PER HOUR

For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels (Luke 9:26).

It's pure Americana, posting religious signs along the highway to dispose those in passing vehicles toward faith and repentance.  "Ye must be born again,"  "Jesus Saves," or "Prepare to meet thy God" are the most recent examples of signs I have seen lately.  Isn't America a great country that we have that kind of freedom?!

Last September, during the hot political race, I decided to get into the sign-posting action.  I believed, and still do, and all the recent scandals bear me out, that Obama was bad for the country, so I posted an empty chair and some political signs on the fence line of the Steele property on highway 10.  After the election was over I continued to post signs because of comments and reactions I received from the sign posting.  I try to change signs every 2 weeks.

The challenge of sign-posting is how to communicate something significant in 4 words or less that will resonate with the viewer. Research has shown that recognition can be measured in milliseconds, so one does not have have to view the sign very long, but the message does have to be simple.  If the sign is too busy with lots of letters and lots of words, the message will be lost.

My signs are sometimes political, sometimes humorous and sometimes inspirational, but most often, religious.  Hopefully, someone has started the journey of faith because of one of the signs I have posted.

Our Father's Blessings,
Tom

No comments: