Sunday, May 20, 2012

PONYSHO

Sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea (Exodus 15:18).

I went and did it.  I've always wanted to have a Mustang convertible with a V8 engine and some sweet sounding pipes, and it was like the Lord wanted me to have it too.  I had noticed this car before, sitting on a used car dealers lot, but I could never justify spending the money to buy a big-boy toy to play with.  I was returning from Helen's parent's house in Kansas, driving home alone. Driving through Lyndon, Kansas, I noticed that the Mustang convertible was still on the lot--a definite sign from God.  Still, I never would have stopped to check it out if I would have had a passenger--another sign.  I still drove past the used car lot, but I had this funny feeling in the pit of my stomach that I would regret not stopping to check it out--a third sign.  So, I turned around and went back.  The price on the care was about $1500 less than I expected--a 4th sign?  So with all these signs, who was I to say "no" to the Lord?  So, I bought the car, although I do not have it at home yet.

As a final note, the lovely and gracious Helen is OK with it, but I think it tested her a little.  And really, I was just teasing about all the signs from the Lord--but I think He might be OK with it too.  If I can make it work I will put up a picture of a Mustang exactly like the one I bought--I hope this doesn't turn out to be just another pony show.

Our Father's Blessings,
Tom

No comments: