Saturday, May 03, 2008

THE WAY TO ABUNDANCE

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy: I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" (John 10:10).

One of my resolutions for the year was to post more often in Silver Bullets. Some times that is challenging when life is busy as it is right now. Though rain has slowed us considerably, we are in the middle of planting season, and there is much spring work to be done. This last week I also spoke to the local Methodist women about Israeli/Palestinian relations. It is strange that one trip to the Holy Land confers on one "expert" status, which I am not, but they asked me to shed some light and balance on their study topic.

As a result of my busyness I have resorted to using some quotes as I am using today. It is much like another I have used recently, but it is worth repeating.

"When I have learned to love God more than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God, and instead of God, I shall be moving towards that state in which I do not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased." --C.S. Lewis

Grace&Peace,
Tom

No comments: